Discussion Starter #1
Damn.

5 posts all day in windsor tech
6 posts all day in generall tech

Sad, very, sad.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Sad to see this. I was one of the Windsor posts. :/ Where is everyone going? I remember when Chris Ihara started the other site there was an exodus, but that was years ago now. I do remember when the lounge was poppin and if you posted something, it could be gone before an hour off the front page. Looks like 3 days ago was some of the last posts here. Shame.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Where do they hang out on FB? Are there pages there where folk post? Just curious. I'm not on FB

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Where do they hang out on FB? Are there pages there where folk post? Just curious. I'm not on FB
I dont think there is a Corral page or specific page in particular, but yeah ,there are dedicated mustang "groups" on Facebook that have their own page. Im not a member of any of those, but I also mess with PC's and am a member of a couple of those groups. Theyre OK.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Most forums are hurting now-a-days. I am also a member at moddedmustangs.com, and that forum is dead as well. SVTP seems to be the only one with decent activity.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Posted by The Corral on October 18, 1996 at 05:29:47:

We have begun to remove older messages due to the overwhelming response. We recorded over 600 messages in the first month alone. Thanks Corral fans and enjoy your technical forum! We will periodically remove older messages to keep the BBS fast.
good times.......

·
US Army Retired
5,311 Posts
Sad to see this. I was one of the Windsor posts. :/ Where is everyone going? I remember when Chris Ihara started the other site there was an exodus, but that was years ago now. I do remember when the lounge was poppin and if you posted something, it could be gone before an hour off the front page. Looks like 3 days ago was some of the last posts here. Shame.
The other place is a ghost too last I checked..

Facebook and twitter have taken over and people just move on.

·
15,448 Posts
Thanks, Canada.

·
Registered
840 Posts
The FB groups are garbage. No kinda tech. No way to have a thread with info in it. Most of the people that post in them are ####in ruhtards. They usually are ran buy one guy who is usually some pretentious #### who blocks people who aren't actively tonguing the ####### of the original poster.

·
US Army Retired
5,311 Posts
The FB groups are garbage. No kinda tech. No way to have a thread with info in it. Most of the people that post in them are ####in ruhtards. They usually are ran buy one guy who is usually some pretentious #### who blocks people who aren't actively tonguing the ####### of the original poster.
Well that makes sense, some old lounge lizards were like that.

·
Corral Charter Member
11,141 Posts
Besides "social media" BS - some folks (or unnamed companies) are starting up targeted automotive forums based on specific make/model and year grouping...

Which takes away from a "general" formatted forum (like this one).

Case in point:
Being the owner of a new 2016 S550 Mustang - where is the value for me to come to this site, into only a single sub forum for all 2015/16 Mustang subject matter - when I can go to the Mustang 6G forum that is specific to my vehicle and has many sub forums pertaining to just the new Mustangs (various tech, DIY, classifieds, int/ext, etc)?

I'm in no way bashing or putting down Corral, just stating simple facts. The same is true with some of the other, original or older "general" automotive forums that are stagnant.

If the folks who own the forum are not making any attempt at advertising its value to draw in more members, are not keeping up with today's automotive owners hobby demands and only have limited sub forums - folks are going to just search for other avenues, plain and simple.

Not everyone is on FB or ****ter... Or Instagram or Pinterst, or (insert other)... Plus those sites don't support "forumesque" capabilities.

The users have to support the sites - no users = stagnant site = loss of advertising revenue = site goes bye bye.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Pretty much true from what I see. I've joined a couple Fox body FB groups but have never posted on them. Most are pics of cars and newby type questions by people who know very little about cars in general and the answers are equally bad. There's far more technical knowledge here, which is why I still like this place.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts