Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both blocks came out failed Cobra engines and will need to be prepped, reworked, or whatever.

Both Cobra cranks should be fine.

You guys think them giving me $600 for all of this to be a "fair deal".

I could get more, but with more hassle, but what do you all think?

This is in credit toward a forged shortblock I am buying


Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
It's a fair deal if they give you a nice break on the price of the forged unit.
Some people like to take a lot but give little. You might be on the short end.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are bare blocks that need reworked (most likely)

No pistons or anything else. You can get a new Cobra bare block for less than $300.

If I could make maybe $100 or so more, then I'm OK, I don't want to mess with it.

But do you feel that with two used bare blocks and these two Cobra Cranks, that I could do better than say $850 or more?

Thanks for the replies so far.

I assumes I could get $300 or each crank if I sell them myself

I also assumes $100-$150 each for these blocks that would have to be reworked.

Now that would be four packages to send out and probably more charge in shipping. If this is just to save $100-$150, I'd rather just send them all for $610 credit on the forged shortblock.

Talk me out or into this, keep the advice/input coming....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Why not use one of those cranks in your rebuild?

I'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
586 Posts
Where can I get a used cobra block from????? I need on as I have an extra set of heads and hopefull a usable crank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
678 Posts
Chris Doss said:
These are bare blocks that need reworked (most likely)

No pistons or anything else. You can get a new Cobra bare block for less than $300.

Dude wanna share your source, Last I checked the New Aluminium Blocks were over a Grand each.


Chris Doss said:

But do you feel that with two used bare blocks and these two Cobra Cranks, that I could do better than say $850 or more?
I would say that $850 for each set( Block and Crank ) is very fair price for both you and the purchaser.


Chris Doss said:

I also assumes $100-$150 each for these blocks that would have to be reworked.
What exactly failed in these motors ? If the Blocks need sleeves well then your right they are borderline Junk. If they only need to be bored well then thats no biggie. You think they arent worth much because they are Block and crank only, well anybody doing a rebuild was gonna have to buy rods and pistons anyway.

Chris Doss said:

Now that would be four packages to send out and probably more charge in shipping. If this is just to save $100-$150, I'd rather just send them all for $610 credit on the forged shortblock.

Talk me out or into this, keep the advice/input coming....
Its your call and only you can call what your time is worth to you but, I could bet you post them for $850 a set and they will sell. Also buyer pays all shipping cost so you dont have to worry about that either.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,398 Posts
austinTX said:
Where can I get a used cobra block from????? I need one as I have an extra set of heads and hopefully a usable crank.
I know!!! I know!!! I know!!!

:evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,319 Posts
I am going thru the same exact thing. My engine builder is giving me $800 credit for using my block and crank.

Jerome
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top