Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family has three ford products at this time and possibly two more joining the stables soon.

I currently own & maintain
a 1996 mustang gt with a 2004 long block and until today tuning with an eectuner.
a 2002 lincoln ls v6 sport
a 2000 ford ranger 4.0

I'm also in the process of purchasing a
2002 lincoln ls sport V8 - which I have a lot of plans for
and possibly a 2006-7 mustang gt 5spd, if the dealer wants to sell badly enough.

It is my understanding that the xcalibrator can be used to flash tunes on to multiple vehicles without the locking and unlocking process if the proper software is purchased with the unit.
is this true?
if so what software do I need to purchase?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Right, one X2 per vehicle.

The pro-racer software allows you to tune the vehicle yourself. The software is $349 for one vehicle, then you'll need to buy an additional database for each vehicle. One X2 is still needed for each vehicle though.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay, now I understand.

That kind of sucks since that means that I have to purchase 5 xcal II's to tune my FOMOCO vehicles.

does anybody know of a shop that will over a good deal on multiple units and the databases for the proracer software??

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
okay, now I understand.

That kind of sucks since that means that I have to purchase 5 xcal II's to tune my FOMOCO vehicles.

does anybody know of a shop that will over a good deal on multiple units and the databases for the proracer software??
Send me an email.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts