Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Formerly 4VCobraSVT
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to datalog with a Xcal2 without success. When I hit start in Livelink it says device not connected. On the Xcal "Data Capture screen" i hit select which brings up "Setup capture - Select to setup" I hit select then "No capture files loaded" comes up. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
It sounds like you are doing two different things. The first, is pass through datalogging with a laptop. The second is on device logging.

You have to load a config file onto the X2 for on device logging.

For PT logging you need the x2 and laptop to talk, under the system icon in control panel, hardware tab, and device manager, you can see if there are any usb devices with an exclamation point, and manually install x2 drivers if necessary.

·
Formerly 4VCobraSVT
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like you are doing two different things. The first, is pass through datalogging with a laptop. The second is on device logging.

You have to load a config file onto the X2 for on device logging.

For PT logging you need the x2 and laptop to talk, under the system icon in control panel, hardware tab, and device manager, you can see if there are any usb devices with an exclamation point, and manually install x2 drivers if necessary.
I guess my problem is I can't get the config file loaded. I've tried but nothing i'm doing is working.

·
Formerly 4VCobraSVT
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update. Tried everything under the sun and no luck. Got home early today and called SCT. Tried a bunch of stuff nothing worked. The tech said plug the cable into a different USB port and it worked. I didn't know whether to yell or cry. All that mess because of a bad port.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts