Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
You cannot use X plan on SVT vehicles. Some dealers may not want to do it because its a rebate back to the dealer from Ford I believe, but I would suspect most dealers would honor it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
are you sure??

i think dealers will honor x-plan on svt products. now i havent used a x-plan but i would think they would. that is dealer discretion. they dont have to take a/z-plan either but most do. find a dealer who will. shop around!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
It is up to the dealer if they will accept X-plan on an SVT vehicle. They can, lets just say that. Shop around and make sure you get the ok to use the plan by a manager at the dealership. I had several sales guys say "yeah, no prob". then later had a manager shoot it down.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Go here: http://www.varsityford.com/x_plan.htm

That is the lowdown on X-plan stuff. I got my 01 snake via the X-plan discount (friend works at Romeo engine; thanks Nick!). Anyways, it is up to the dealer, some will accept on an SVT product, some won't. This was all pre-Sep 11 though...not sure how the dealers adjusted during all the 0% financing stuff....

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
When I bought my '98 from Friendly Ford in Monroe Michigan they gave me "A" plan. I ordered the car up the way I wanted and was told at that time they had always given the "A plan" on the Cobras to as many as they had orders for up to what they were allowed. That was in '97 so I don't know if it changed and I don't know what the diff. is between the 2 plans other than the "A" plan gives you more $$ off the price. (The dealer still gets the diff. back from Ford).. Try these guys and see what they say. (I know as of 2 yrs ago they would discount the Lightnings when I called them..)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got my 99 Cobra on Z-plan (retired salary, thanks Dad).

Went to dealer on Saturday and spoke with the salesman that sold me my car and truck.

Mike Shad Ford here in Jacksovnille Florida will not sell the 03 Cobra on A,X,Z plan. And they are going to ask $3,000 more than MSRP.

Told him they are forcing me to buy a new Z06....LOL.

NFS

·
Registered
180 Posts
X plan is not avalible on SVT products and the Thunderbird. As to dealers they should honor it, but 1 dealership whould not honor mine (so I left).

Ford phone # for A,X,Z plan 1-800-348-7709

1 - 9 of 9 Posts