Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read good things about the VRS X-pipe. Where can I find more info on this item? Vendor, manufacture,price,availability,etc.. Also how does this compare to an Off road H PIPE as to performance,price etc?
I will be installing this on a 2002 Gt 5 speed with virtually no other mods. Just looking for a better sound and pick up a little performance maybe.. This is the wifes daily driver and will see no track time.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
What he said above.... Plus, the power difference between the catted and non-catted intermediate pipe probably won't be very much, maybe 1-3 ponies at the most....it's pretty negligible. :)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
There was almost ZERO difference between my catted Bassani X and the off road VRS X pipe I have now, except that the VRS pipe was louder, of course.

The dyno showed that I picked up a few HP on the top end, but nothing very significant, maybe 2 hp at most. The peak HP did not change at all. It was colder the time I had the car dynoed with the Bassani, so that might have played some difference in the power of the car, although the numbers are supposed to be corrected for a constant temperature and pressure.

If you have to fool with emissions, you might as well get the the pipe with cats just so there is one less thing you have to worry about...I'm going to have to start swapping the pipes once a year because my car isn't exempt from being smogged anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts