Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Helps with restrictive upstream and downstream. Each bank sees both exit paths all the time. There's scavenging and also brute extra flow. I like the x that slices into the streams. I don't like the ones that force the streams into a big blunt wall.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turbo headers are a bit different than say a set of Long Tubes, so I was wondering if the exhaust pulses would still meet the same way at the X as in a NA motor.

I really loved my X Pipe and Long Tube headers on my old motor. The sound and performance was great. It would be cool to have that sound on a Turbo motor.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'm not sure what cam you went with but I still get huge choppy puffy strong pulses coming out of my tailpipes even with the tiny .63 turbines and dual catalytic converters through MAC flowpath mufflers with a pace setter cut/modded x pipe. I'm sure at some point it becomes a bit more homogenized.

·
Registered
419 Posts
A bit of three manufacturers to create one mid pipe.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thats awesome mang! What manufacturer mafe the X section with the ball ends?
I'm not sure what cam you went with but I still get huge choppy puffy strong pulses coming out of my tailpipes even with the tiny .63 turbines and dual catalytic converters through MAC flowpath mufflers with a pace setter cut/modded x pipe. I'm sure at some point it becomes a bit more homogenized.
Wish I had coated it with VHT flameproof. I like the way it smells when the pipes heat it back up.

·
Registered
419 Posts
A bit of three manufacturers to create one mid pipe.

Also, if you notice, the cats become the 3" to 2 1/2" reducers. Velocity. Its maintaining the heat through the pipe so well, I'm having to switch to an insulated case muffler, the Borla ProXS, because the sheet metal mufflers are getting too hot because they are thin, and melting the sound insulation on the inside of the car. The Borla is the straight through design and almost flows as much as the MAC does. I'm not approaching max of either design.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Also, if you notice, the cats become the 3" to 2 1/2" reducers. Velocity. Its maintaining the heat through the pipe so well, I'm having to switch to an insulated case muffler, the Borla ProXS, because the sheet metal mufflers are getting too hot because they are thin, and melting the sound insulation on the inside of the car. The Borla is the straight through design and almost flows as much as the MAC does. I'm not approaching max of either design.
What Cats are those?

ks

·
Registered
127 Posts
The least restrictive largest diameter pipe you can run is what you want. X pipe would do exactly zip for a turbo setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts