Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '96 Cobra Convertible that I've added a number of bolt-ons to. I've been recommended to stay away from chargers, with people saying the the 96 SVT engines don't handle the constant presure well. My mechanic wants to put a bottle on it, but I wanted to get a little more power out of it before that. I was thinking of putting on pulleys and an X-PIPE. I put on a MAC exhaust last year, so I'm not sure what the right PIPE setup would be. We do have emissions in Maryland, but I can keep the existing H-PIPE around for inspection days. Would the X-PIPE and Pulleys be a good add-on. Should I get a BASSANI X-PIPE with or w/o the CATS? Are there any issues to be aware of?

·
Registered
157 Posts
My Bassani has been on for 3 or 4 years and I think the cats are OK. Not sure though until I have to have it sniffed.

Pulleys are a great addition, especially on a 7000 RPM Cobra. You get a lot of parasitic losses out of the belt-driven accessories, and the losses increase with RPM. I've had my pulleys for 4 years, without a cooling or charging problem. Sometimes the power steering feels a little "notchy" at low RPM, but not a serious issue.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Some folks have had problems with Bassani. I've had a Bassani X with cats on for about two years. No problems. Pulleys also did good things for my GT. No cooling or charging problems that I've noticed.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Get the BBK off road h.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i have a bbk o/r h-pipe with a flowmaster american thunder cat back and it sounds loud and mean. i also have asp pullies and i like them very much also. (just about every part on my car was bought used on the corral!!!!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts