Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had two different people email me saying they would sell me two 15x8 5.5 bs weld draglite and never heard back from them. :bs:

And I'm tired of chasing sellers!! :leghump:

If anyone has two of these wheels available...I have money in hand!! :drool:

Email me direct at [email protected] with pictures.

I feel better now... :joy:

RH

·
Registered
626 Posts
I don't car who you are...that's funny.....

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ANYONE else got a pair. Someone PM'd me...sold me a pair that they claimed were 5.5bs...just tried to mount them..they're 4.5. Now these are for sale..I need two with 5.5 if anyone has a pair.

RH

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I take it your 4.5s are rubbing like a Mother also. :curses:

They look great, but 5.5s are what you/we need.

I looked at an add in MM&FF, you can order 2 Weld Draglits 15x8 (5.5 bs) shipped to your door for $146.50 each.

To save $50-$100 bucks you might be better off paying more & getting new and not receiving the wrong ones again.

Howard

·
Registered
604 Posts
I've been through the same thing. Talking back in forth with sellers, stating that you're willing to buy, and then never hearing back again. Sucks.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
00whiteGTvert said:
I take it your 4.5s are rubbing like a Mother also. :curses:

They look great, but 5.5s are what you/we need.

I looked at an add in MM&FF, you can order 2 Weld Draglits 15x8 (5.5 bs) shipped to your door for $146.50 each.

To save $50-$100 bucks you might be better off paying more & getting new and not receiving the wrong ones again.

Howard
I had thought of that...but I found a set for sale by whlstander...he's a good guy to deal with. Already sent him the funds.

The 4.5bs are ok on a non-lowered car...or if you're not running a big tire. I'm running southsides...and the car sits too low with the 4.5's. Before I put them on...I had a pair of 255/50's on there..fit just right.

BTW...I now have two Welds draglites with 4.5bs for sale...lol

RH

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I found out mine are actually 15x9 from the original owner of the car.

I have to call Wells performance to find out the backspacing on that particular wheel.

Good luck with your new rims.

Howard

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's easy to measure the backspacing...

Lay the wheel with the back side facing up. Lay a straight edge across the rim then measure down to the mounting surface where the holes are located for the lug nuts...simple.

RH

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Thanks.

The BFG DRs hook nice on them, a 1.66 1st time out, blew a headgasket on the 2nd pass (11.27 with a soft 1.81 60') so never got to really push it again.

I guess I'll have to wait for 10s on radials until next time. :crying:

Howard

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Screwed again!!!!

Those wheels that whlstander was supposed to sell me sold on eBay. He told me he'd sell them to me..and he already had them listed on ebay. Well..I didn't know that and paypaled him the money. He tells me he's going to pull the auction. For some reason, the funds I sent him went as an echeck..so it had to clear. I emailed him to ask him why he didn't pull the auction yet. He says he's going to have a friend outbid everyone else so he doesn't have to pull the auction and also he wants the feedback.

Guess what? The auction ends...his buddy never bid (if there was a buddy)...and now I'm shopping again. He did refund my money though.

I think I'll just buy new ones if I can't find an HONEST person on here to sell me a set.

RH

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
xhaust50 said:
^^^Hey man, I tried buying your wheels that you sold on ebay!!! That was understandable though. I think I'm gonna just buy them new.
Ya...I had a buy it now on them..and they had sold before we could settle things. Only had them on for like 2 days...amazing.

I'm going to call Wells performance and buy new also...to heck with these folks..lol

RH

1 - 15 of 15 Posts