Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want a clean roller. Prefer notchback but will consider hatches.

What I mean by clean: no bodywork needed. NO RUST. Paint doesn't have to be perfect but I don't want to have to paint it. Basically - I want to be able to drop in a motor and suspension and go fast.

Prefer interior to be clean. Stock or not is ok.

Not necessarily looking for a lot of aftermarket suspension, but is definitely a bonus.

·
Registered
738 Posts
86 Coupe

I have an 86 Coupe I'm just finishing up. 6 point cage, tubular front end with coil overs and Flaming River manual rack and pinion, Aerospace front brakes, 8.8 with a 4.10 Strange spool and 33 spline axles, the interior was gutted. I have a nice dash and Autometer gages going in it, I have door panels, new carpet, new headliner, all the plastic trim for the interior which I'm currently finishing up. The rear seat was deleted and sheet metal'd in, I'm looking at a rear seat delete kit to make it look nicer but a race car wouldn't need it. I have my back-up powertrain in the car now: brand new 395W build and a brand new build C-4 with a reverse manual valve body and a 3500 TCI converter. I'm using my powertrain to sort out the car and I plan to pull it out and put something else in it but I'd consider selling it as a roller. If I finish it it'll be a turn key street-strip car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts