Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a buddy gave me a D1VE block, only problem all the main cap got misplaced throughout the years of storage.

I was hoping that maybe someone had a set just collecting dust from a block that maybe went to the shop and had some crack or something.

I know it's a long shot, and i'll probably just end up making this thing a coffee table in the end. Let me know what you got, or even if your local builder may have some in a scrap pile, send me their info!

P.S. this is my first post since the forum transition, and i must say... It's not good.

·
Vendor
12,028 Posts
You will have to go through 100 main caps to get any that will remotely think about fitting. Especially the thrust cap. Caps are machined and married to each block when they are manufactured. Stock blocks without caps are scrap iron

·
Vendor
12,028 Posts
No a hone wont do anything. You will find the caps are shifted side to side, fore and aft. The thrust is the worst because of the matching for the vertical face of the bearing. This is all over the place. I used to have several 100 main caps for the 302-351w and rarely would any of them be close enough to use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts