Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 GT with the Black/Tan interior. I want to covert it to all black. I already have seats, carpet, steering wheel, and center console. I live in NW Indiana, near chicago, and will be at the NMRA event at Rt. 66 this weekend (7/29-7/31). Let me know what you have and a price up front.

Thanks
Kyle

Needed:

1. Door panels
2. Kick Panels
3. Rear quarter panels
4. Running boards
5. Air bag

p.s. don't want to bother with dash. Thanks

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GNasty said:
Kyle, what shape was your tan steering wheel in?

Thanks,
Kyle
Not very good, sorry. Don't even think I still have it. Go for a FR500 steering wheel. Thats what I got and its awesome, amazes me how many people compliment a steering wheel.

·
Registered
155 Posts
hey, i had the same interior as you and i changed the pieces too. I actually went and bought Plasticote Black Plastic/Vinyl paint. Worked extremely well. It was like $5.99 a can. You'll save a good bit of money that way and it comes out real good.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oldnavy638 said:
hey, i had the same interior as you and i changed the pieces too. I actually went and bought Plasticote Black Plastic/Vinyl paint. Worked extremely well. It was like $5.99 a can. You'll save a good bit of money that way and it comes out real good.
Thanks, I tried a different paint and had problem with the color matching. It was really close just not exact. I'm not worried about an exact match except on the dash. I think I might paint it silver, be different and would be easier. You used plain black, not flat or glossy right?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oldnavy638 said:
its a plain black .. i can get you the code tomorrow and ill also send you a pic of the bottle and some of the pieces i painted.
Thanks, I would appreciate it. I want the black interior, but after what I spent on the short block don't know I can afford to buy all the pieces right away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts