Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to buy an 85 or 86 Mustang GT T-Top 5 speed in the near future. I'm prepared to do paint, but I want one that is a solid southern car and is straight. Interior has to be complete and fairly nice, I can have seats redone but I don't want to have to track down an entire interior. Not looking for a race car, looking for a nice survivor. I'd really like to find a black one, but would consider other colors depending on the condition. 5 lug conversion would be a plus. I'll will basicly be doing a restoration on it so the more original the better. If the driveline has been upgraded to newer components that is fine, I'll end up doing a 5 lug conversion and building a mild 5.0 for it eventually anyway. No previous race cars, hot rods or anything like that. Look forward to finding a great four-eyes T-Top GT!!!! Email me at [email protected] or PM me here. Thanks!!

Chris L.
'02 Corvette Z06
'72 Buick GSX replica
'73 Opel GT
'69 Firebird 400

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an 86 GT T-top with 110K original miles, was AOD but I converted it to T-5 with a complete 87 parts car and correct 86 shifter and console parts. Very very nice original car, interior is near perfect, no cracked dash, seats are perfect, cold R-134 AC, completely tuned up, new shocks, new O2sensors, egr valve, map sensor, new h-pipe with cats, flowmaster mufflers. BBK quadrant, firewall adjuster, and clutch cable, new clutch. Original Florida car, never rusted or wrecked, pretty nice original paint (white) has had a few touch ups here and there. Front bumper is perfect, everything works except for cruise control and it needs new window motors and lock acutators. It also needs a new horn button, mine cracked.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SeaCrow, where are you located and do you have pictures you can send? I'd really like to find a Black or Reatta blue car. Still looking!!!!

Chris

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might be interested, but I've looked in the gallery and can't find the pictures of your car. Can you email them to me?

Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
got your pm 02Z06, I am just south of Tampa Florida. I sent you a pm.

·
Registered
630 Posts
i have an 86gt hatch roller in chicago. red, no front fenders or front bumper. complete gray interior(console is missing the armrest pad i think?). $400

·
Registered
25 Posts

more pics available

clean body with minor imperfections never driven in snow/salt

garaged in winter

used to be turbo but never beaten

car needs exhaust but most is included. (stock headers, h pipe, mufflers etc...)

45k on mildly modded mass air engine

heater core bad

almost new Tremec 3550 + Spec III + steed triax + alum dshaft [$1800+] real solid drivetrain

5lugs

Looks like it could be what you are looking for located in MA
$4200 negotiable

cell: 774-263-3596
home: 508-947-2873
[email protected]mcast.net

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know there has to be one of these things out there. Nobody who has a nice, unmodded original 85 or 86 GT T-Top 5 speed? Out of 40k made, someone has to have one that fits the bill that's for sale! I'd really like a Blue, white, or red one but black would be ok too. Silver and maroon aren't really my colors. Has to have the gray interior. I might even consider an auto if it were nice enough and I'd just convert it. Anyone, anyone?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the lead, I saw that on as well but it isn't a T-Top. Still searching for the illusive original T-Top 5 speed gray interior 86 (or even an 85)... Anyone, Bueller?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts