Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember when they first came out I think I got a new one for like $120 shipped! Where’s the cheapest place to order one for our Fox bodies?

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Blame the FEDRES. The dollar leant buy what it used to 20-30 yrs ago. Monopoly $......

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
When Ford was using this driveshaft in Vans or Crown Vics, they were buying tens of thousands of them a year from the vendor. Large volume = low price. This enables Ford Motorsport to sell them cheap, because they can buy them cheap from Ford. Once Ford stops buying them from the vendor for production use, the price goes up because the purchasing volumes have plummeted. Ford Performance has to charge much more for them now.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Grab one from a junk yard F-150, Crown, etc...., have it cut down and balanced at a local driveshaft shop.

I know of a corral member that might have a used one for sale.

What was $120 just 20 years ago is now roughly $185 on inflation alone. Coupled with lower volumes and you get where they are now. What's the tariff on aluminum right now.......

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
If you can find one, a recall-replacement drive shaft from a 4WD Aerostar can work. Take a look HERE for info on my "quest."

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the suggestions, but think I might just spend $300 shipped for a new Jegs shaft. I don’t really wanna deal with running around searching at the junk yards and not be sure they’re even in perfect working order.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts