Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Mustang GT

I currently have a BBK X-Pipe with a Borla cat back Exhaust and a mac cold-air kit. What horse power gains did I get from that?

I would like to break the 300hp barrier w/o pulling the block out. Please list the mods I would need for that. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Nitrous or Supercharger.

There are no stock/block/headed/cammed 300rwhp GT's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what kind of response is that

That is not a very encouraging response. I would like to hit the mid to low 13's w/o putting on a supercharger or blowing NOS. I am sure it can be done. I just need to know with what applications.

·
Registered
410 Posts
There are a few stock short block 300rwhp gt's. You will need all the comon bolt on's, ported stock or svo heads, bullit or svo intake, reground stock cams, and a dyno tune.

Robert

·
Registered
410 Posts
You can hit low 13's to high 12's with the right bolt on's, gears, slicks, and good driving. Many have done it and it dosent take 300rwhp.

Robert

·
Registered
965 Posts
well.. if you are asking about NA numbers, yeap, i agree, there is nobody here without cams/p&p doing 300rwhp.

If you are talking about 300HP (at the flywheel), no problems. If i recall correctly, one guy here had 270 RWHP with all bolts on and bullit intake (not open engine), which is about 317 HP.

·
Registered
317 Posts
That was me who got upto 270rwhp with stock heads/cams with alot of bolt on's. My next step was going too be cams/head work too crack 300rwhp, but I just couldn't justify the $$ so I bought a blower instead

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
If I recall correctly, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, but some guy named Joe, who goes by RavenGT on here, has made over 300 at the rear wheels, with stock heads(ported), cams (regrinds), and Bullitt Intake (massaged).

DOH! Yes, it is possible, with the stock bottom end to make over 300 at the wheels. Done it, was fun, bye bye...

joe

·
Registered
552 Posts
stock heads(ported), cams (regrinds),
I think you have missed the point of the discussion. Folks were commenting that no one has reached the 300rwhp mark with stock heads or cams. Stock meaning how they got it from the factory. Is a Saleen a stock GT Mustang because it was built from one? Anyway, I'm not trying to diminish your accomplishment (it's freakin incredible) just trying to clarify somewhat.:D :D

·
Registered
965 Posts
Chris00GT said:
That was me who got upto 270rwhp with stock heads/cams with alot of bolt on's. My next step was going too be cams/head work too crack 300rwhp, but I just couldn't justify the $$ so I bought a blower instead
hey Chris,

I'm waiting for my Bullit intake, and after that, i'm heading Kauffman Motorsport to get a dyno tune...hmmm... Chris Kauffman.. Kauffman Motorsport.. :D

Hector

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Re: what kind of response is that

SRM said:
That is not a very encouraging response. I would like to hit the mid to low 13's w/o putting on a supercharger or blowing NOS. I am sure it can be done. I just need to know with what applications.
Well... sometimes reality sucks.

If your goal is rwhp #'s, to reach 300 bolt-on's aren't going to do it. Period.

Nitrous, Supercharger, or headwork/cams will.

Now low 13's is a much more attainable goal. Especially if your plans include weight reduction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts