Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Usually that will be perfect for pump gas. I run mine in the 12.0 range on e85. A little richer wont hurt. 11.6 gives u a margin of safety.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
That is not a complete question.

How much boost?

For a low boost application 11.6 is on the rich side. You will likely find that you make a bit more power in the area of 12.0. For 25-30 psi a lot of people will want to be a bit richer. I keep mine at 11.4 up top there.

Target A/F is going to vary across the boost/rpm map, not one size fits all.

·
Registered
216 Posts
mcj50 is right, but a lot of us running 12-15 psi don't want to take the chance of destroying their engine. A safe tune is 11.4 to 11.6 on 93 octane. However, LEANER IS MEANER, until she lets go. LOL

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Most importantly Octane is everything to determine the correct answer.. Knowing your setup 11.6 is fine with pump gas...Sorry to hear about the HG... How much total timing?
You can run a leaner AFR with 110-112 +

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
set at 10* and then putting spout in will adance it to 28*.
I agree with 4Jenna, 11.2- 11.3 to be safe. but leaves some hp on the table.
E85 is the way to go, but the cost of replacing fuel lines is what is stopping me for now(with the added cost of another pump and injectors)

·
Registered
582 Posts
set at 10* and then putting spout in will adance it to 28*.
I agree with 4Jenna, 11.2- 11.3 to be safe. but leaves some hp on the table.
E85 is the way to go, but the cost of replacing fuel lines is what is stopping me for now(with the added cost of another pump and injectors)
your fuel lines will be fine.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol old post but yea car blew a piston now runnin forged internals rebuilt the whole block 9.25 compression 10psi afr at 11.4 spout out trimming at 8 degrees still need to take it in to dyno and tune it. Runs really stronger

·
Registered
608 Posts
Lol old post but yea car blew a piston now runnin forged internals rebuilt the whole block 9.25 compression 10psi afr at 11.4 spout out trimming at 8 degrees still need to take it in to dyno and tune it. Runs really stronger
Is this the tune on it now? Did you blow it up running 11.6 afr?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes ran 12.02 @ 115 blowin the piston at the 1/8th I think wasn't paying attention to afr at the track more focused in launching the fox

1 - 19 of 19 Posts