Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen an ad today, guy had an '88 Turbocoupe for sale locally. I entertained the crazy idea of using a turbo engine in my '93 LX coupe, for giggles since it's an original 4 cylinder car. Been wanting to do one. Anyway, I get in touch with the seller. He wants $800 for the whole car. Does not run. Interior trashed. He does not know why it don't run. Doesn't know if the stock rear end is under it. Auto transmission of unknown condition. Exterior junk-not a single piece that wasn't beat up, dented, broken bumper covers, radiator missing, one tire blown out but hey-all 4 wheels matched! There is some rust on it too.

Seriously? $800? I offered $300 and guy won't come off of $800. I don't need it that bad. No telling what else is wrong, but looks like it was drug out of a junkyard somewhere. Guy says that the engine is the "same as SVO"--similar but not the same (turbo is different/smaller). Says "it still makes 20psi". LOL...how? It don't run!

I mean how do people come up with these prices? I just don't understand it. If I were selling it, I'd take $50 for it; because I know what they aren't worth...you don't see them anymore for a reason. My goodness, my 93 coupe original 4 cylinder outta be worth $5000 by using the current pricing scale.

·
Registered
198 Posts
the only good thing about people pricing their crap like this is, exactly what you said in last sentence "then my car has to be worth...."

If you want to sell now might be the time while everyone wants and arm and a leg for their stuff. Might be a 4k car to you but market says 7k ..screw it time to sell

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Just by the description, that's a 300-400 dollar car, tops.

If it's an auto trans car, it only would make 15psi in first and second, and would have a 3.73 rear gear if things were stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts