Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I have a few questions.

Who holds the following records, and what are the specs on the cars, shops they run for/own, etc.

Stock style suspension manual trans 1/4 mile world record any Mustang
Stock Style suspension 1/4 mile world record (any trans/setup) Mustang
Stock Style Suspension 1/4 mile modular motor world record

Thanks for the help in advance.

:salute:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Those are pretty vague questions as some peoples idea of "stock" suspension differs...........Billy Gliddens old peach hatch would be one of the faster "stock" location suspension stick cars but it had a clutchless box, 9inch etc...........again you'll get different answers for these...........

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
David Wolfe is probably the fastest stock suspension mustang.

Lynch, Glidden and all those Outlaw 10.5W cars are ladder bar or four-link suspensions.

As for the stock suspension/manual...I think Hanlon's car is ladder bar as well. Mike Adballa's H/S car was manual and I think stock style suspension but not sure. But Hanlon and Adballa have G-Force 5R type transmissions (think NHRA Pro Stock), not the T5 style that is in the mustang.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Job Spetter Jr had the fastest stock suspension car 7.90 a few years ago. True stock suspension

Hanlon has ladder bars now. Not sure what he had when he had the TKO in the car. I know he went 8's

Tim

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
i think you need to go to the NMRA forums and poke around there. i am prettty sure there is records and stuff posted on that site...

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Forgot about Job Spetter Jr he's flyin on stock suspension, Buginga is still running stock suspesion and hes been high 7's hasn't he?

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
I don't think there are any SSO cars running stock suspension anymore.

All NMRA drag radial cars are. Kolivis has been 7.98 on a BFG

Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was looking for true stock style suspension. No 4-links, etc.

Thanks for the info. Ill go poke around on the NMRA website.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Alex Vrettos from nj holds the fastest radial record now and uses wolfes suspension kit which is stock location parts. 7.37 @ 197 (6/27/2008)
7.38 @ 198.32

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
buginga's car runs sso. runs mid to low 7's. hes currently renting the car out because hes starting a new business.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts