Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to pass along a good experience I had. A few months a go I spoke to Reed at work turbo chargers about a custom turbo for my big bore stroker 2v. In the mean time the turbo in the grand national start acting up. I called around to get prices on a stock rebuild and to have the waste gate an actuator check. Average price for just a rebuild was about 600. Then I remembered work turbo chargers and gave them a call. Reed was more than helpful even giving me pointers on how to pull the turbo easier. The turbo arrived to them on Tuesday he called me on Wednesday with the cost of the rebuild. I called him today and gave him CC info and he told me he would call tonight with tracking info that it will ship out tonight. So it was a 2 day turn around time. Customer service was great, so was turn around time and a 2 year warranty on the rebuild.That's more than the 1 year the other places are offering. he was well under the 500 to 600 that other shops had quoted as best case scenario.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yeah it's nice to be able to actually talk to him on the phone and discuss your project/goals. He put together a "beautiful" T4 S475 I'm just waiting for my new cam to start my install! His customer service is TOP NOTCH!

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Reed rocks...he went out of his way to get my S475 turned into a S476R in time for me to make a race last month.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it's nice to be able to actually talk to him on the phone and discuss your project/goals. He put together a "beautiful" T4 S475 I'm just waiting for my new cam to start my install! His customer service is TOP NOTCH!
When I needed to get a turbo speced for my 2v Reed took the time to ask question others didn't. Most just asked hp goals Reed went into head flow,cam specs, compression, auto or stick horse power goals and when I wanted the turbo to spool. It's nice to know their shop really does build custom turbos not off the self.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts