Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i made some passes and the Barrowed c4 lasted..(thanks jimmy)

On 275 radials it went 7.25 @ 101 1.85 60 foot

On 28x10.5's it went, first pass was 6.73 @ 105 1.56 60 foot

then 2nd pass on the slicks it went 6.65 @ 106 and change with a 1.54 60 foot.. this with all stock rear susp...it was making about 12-13 psi and leaving on 5-6 psi..Im so happy..:leghump:

·
Registered
452 Posts
great times. what else is done to the motor. were you runnin a brake in the trans. i know my tune isnt perfect but im haveing a hard time getting better than a 1.61 60'

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the motor is a stock Explorer motor with a B cam, and head studs.. the trans is a c4 with a T-brake, i was leaving with it to the floor and making about 5-6 psi and about 3200 rpm no 2 step..

·
Registered
459 Posts
good runs! nice to see a simple set up work, make's me regret selling my on3 kit.
Congrats on the times!! And 89slowgt331 don't worry your on3 kit is in good hands. I'm just about done putting her together. Hitting the dyno within the next couple of weeks.

Sorry about the thread jack. Congrats again. 1.54 60ft is gettin it.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
Glad to see you were able to keep that c4 together and make some passes, congrats on the 6's. You were just hoping for at least 6.999999 weren't you?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to see you were able to keep that c4 together and make some passes, congrats on the 6's. You were just hoping for at least 6.999999 weren't you?
the c4 is one of my buddys and we knew it was good, i was hoping for a 6.99 but after the 6.73 i was so happy, then blew me away with that 6.65.. i need to get some good shocks and struts, and the rear upr kit and it will 60 in the low .40s or high .30s... thanks guys..

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You had hg problems right? But decided to run race gas? Are you tuning at the track?

Love seeing those simple combos work so well :)
well when i got the car it was all motor and it sparked knocked like crazy..it had a SCT chip in it, not sure about the tune. so i pulled it out set the timing, and adjusted the FP and the car ran better and didnt spark knock..My tunner thinks the headgaskets were hurt before i brought it up their, he said as safe as the tune is there is no way it got a headgasket...

i did run some VP 113 in it last night just because i was going to whip its butt..

the rear gear is a 3.27

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Congrats on the 6 sec run !!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Congrats on the times man. See if you can get that thing up to 13-14 psi on the brake, and that's some fun right there. if your running 113 and an IC, you have a huge window for timing.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
is it mass air? i get to buy a new car at tax time, i am leaning toward a stock 87-93 mustang and buying a on3 kit and keep it simple, and is the kit you are using the standard kit with the supplied turbo ? and what is expected form upgrading tom the 76 turbo

1 - 20 of 55 Posts