Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks again to Mr. Wheeler!

I ordered the new 01/02 headswap kit with the port& polish and 3 angle valve job. It will be on my car in about 2 months or so. I just can't wait!! I also got some other goodies for my car, but i'll talk about them later! :p

The head work done is suppose to give at least a 20 hp gain accross the rpm band, so i hope to dyno in around 260-270. Much better than my current ground shattering 197 rwhp!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Congradulations,
You should be able to run 13s when you get it done. You will have one of the fastest N/A GT's in town. I suspect you will get it done over the summer so when you come back in the fall, we will go beat up some LT1s and 99GTs:evil:

John

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, John.
You and I are gonna have a lot of fun come next fall. They won't suspect the green and black headswapped cars! muahahaha

Terrance-
yeah, you didn't think you were gonna get away from us that easy now, did ya?? :evil:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Me too! :cool:

·
Registered
633 Posts
I ordered the valves & springs & 3-angle & regrinds too :lol:

I gotta be near the top of the stack now :joy:

·
Registered
633 Posts
It will be nice to drive a sports car that does not roll over & play dead at 4000 rpm! :lol:

·
Registered
642 Posts
you are going to love that beast the first time you take it out after the headswap. It is a good thing we have someone like SD here, isnt it

·
Registered
633 Posts
Sure is!!! Until Mr. Wheeler popped up on the 4.6SOHC scene it was pretty dismal for is 96-98'ers.

Every time I step on the pedal on the right, I'll get a big stupid grin thanks to SD :D

I know he is a really really busy guy & in no way trying to rush my heads, it's just hard toning down my excitement now that the car is about to roll out of the cave.

I know I was changing my mind all the time about exactly what I wanted, SD was cool the whole way.

Right now I'm trying to finalize all the little bits I still need, I would buy the whole sheebang from SD but I have this cross-border hassle & I get good pricing on regular Ford parts.

Head Gaskets... Are the Ford ones good or are there better aftermarket ones?

·
Registered
658 Posts
NiagaraGlenn said:
Sure is!!! Until Mr. Wheeler popped up on the 4.6SOHC scene it was pretty dismal for is 96-98'ers.

Every time I step on the pedal on the right, I'll get a big stupid grin thanks to SD :D

Head Gaskets... Are the Ford ones good or are there better aftermarket ones?
SD has certainly helped the situation! I sure wish this type of service was around when I did mine. The stock Ford head gaskets are the way to go.

·
Registered
470 Posts
97MattGT said:
Mrvax-

did u get the regrinds or valve springs or anything else that is offeref?
I did not get the regrinds and springs at this time. I had to draw the line somewhere before I ended up selling my house and going all-out. I'll see how she does P&P, consider my options and form a plan. I'm leaning toward a full longtube exhaust, catted H or X and a cat-back next year. This stuff gets expensive.

By the way, SD is doing mine also.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Oh man! I am jealous! I am going to order mine in a month or so, though!! Can't wait!!!!!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Niagara, I too was chomping at the bit, but Shannan has been super cool. I went with his P&P and regrinds for my 99.

Soon. very soon. I'll be in the hunt for some unsuspecting Cobras.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Any of you Corral people live in Texas should give Shannon a call. I'm sure he will need a few apprentices soon. Probably be a much better 2nd job than most.

Hell, maybe we should do a GP on the P&P headswap kit! What do you think Shannon?

·
Registered
88 Posts
You'll love the head swap. It's like going from a yugo to a .....well a Mustang;) .

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I offered to take a weeks vacation and go down there to help out. ;) He wasn't having it. Hey Shannan, now that I have been laid off, I could use the job!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts