Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have a 56 Ford Wagon with above motor and harness in it. Drove to Anaheim and back, couple hundred miles, no issue to attend the Fabulous Fords event.
Parked in garage, 4 days later, went to take a spin in it. Key in on position, I hear the fuel pump working and hit the start position. Car cranked a short bit and it shut down.
Key in On position I don't hear the fuel pump and I don't see the mini lights in the fuse holder on foot rest side wall passenger side. ( kick panel removed). Have HL, battery is great.
Went out later to check fuses starting with 50 amp off battery, it's fine. I'm about to check fuses on side panel but first decided to see if car would start. Key in On position I hear the fuel pump working but this time when I turn key to Start, no crank but a shut down of pump, mini lights.
Harness has an obd1 connection. Ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
23,216 Posts
the prime is a subroutine, it will not always come on everytime you cycle the run position

if it stops cranking, address that first

either the engine seized
or

batt is dead, or there is a voltage drop on the power and or ground

meter testing will reveal that, once you conclude that the starter solenoid is receiving the signal from the ignition switch

that signal will go through a neutral switch in auto or a clutch safety on a manual

1 - 2 of 2 Posts