Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after my inter web search on the two roll cages I have one more question. The main hoop. Wild rides hoop comes from the main bar in one piece with two down bars. The wolfe comes with continuous bars from the main bar to the floor. Then a cross bar along the top of the windshield to each side.

What is the best for strength?
Which is the easiest to weld all the way around?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Mild steel or moly?

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Sometimes you can shop around and get a cage installed for a very reasonable amount. I realize that this may not be possible in Wyoming without driving a considerable distance. In my case I had a 8.5 cert chrome moly cage done for $1,500 parts and labor. That included two swing-outs. Other places wanted $3-4K for the same work. I did have to tow the car 200 miles to get to that shop, but it was well worth it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Sometimes you can shop around and get a cage installed for a very reasonable amount. I realize that this may not be possible in Wyoming without driving a considerable distance. In my case I had a 8.5 cert chrome moly cage done for $1,500 parts and labor. That included two swing-outs. Other places wanted $3-4K for the same work. I did have to tow the car 200 miles to get to that shop, but it was well worth it.
This. And I’m sure you know that if you go moly by NHRA rule it needs to be Tiged.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will be chrome molly. The only weld I'm concerned with is the one by the windshield. And what one is stronger with best fitment. Anyone have pics? This is a street car with full interior. I would like it to fit tight to the interior and out of the visual as much as possible.

Also if it goes through the dash what does one do to the heater duct?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure what your getting at. Both cages will pass nhra. In case your not familiar with the two One has down bars off the hoop that follows the windsheild. The other has bars that start from the roll bar to the floor with a cross over bar along the windshield.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The wolfe website has lots of pic. Has a bent bar for the heater box. Not sure about the duct work for the vents. For the windshield welding u can either take out the windows or tac it up and drop the cage through the floor. Most likely u have to take off the head liner.

For strenght or durability do not think u will go wrong either way. If u want to update the cage to a 25.5 or 25.2 that u have to figure out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts