Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Looks like fun! I'm a few days away from ordering mine... So, where'd ya go, and what did ya pay!? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
68Stang said:
Looks like fun! I'm a few days away from ordering mine... So, where'd ya go, and what did ya pay!? :D
www.mustangparts.com

has the complete cobra front brake kit for $400, and the s.s. lines for $60.


www.tirerack.com

for the brembo rear rotors, and hawk HPS pads for the front and rear.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
97MattGT said:
www.mustangparts.com

has the complete cobra front brake kit for $400, and the s.s. lines for $60.


www.tirerack.com

for the brembo rear rotors, and hawk HPS pads for the front and rear.

:)
Ok, you bought the EXACT same thing as me..........even down to where you bought them at! Same rear rotors, same pads, same lines, etc. LOL

And btw, you'll LOVE them.

-Eric
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Sweet! I've had my Bullitt's sitting around for a while now. I guess I need to get off my butt and put them on, huh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
Hey Matt. I was looking at one of the links on my previous posts and found some red calipers with the white running horse logo and I loved it. I think I might order these once I get some more money. Let me know how yours work oncfe you get them on. Hey remind me in a month to show you something I got for the car. This will something to come down for or maybe I will come up there if there are some shows going on or something. Good luk buddy. Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yoop33 said:
Hey Matt. I was looking at one of the links on my previous posts and found some red calipers with the white running horse logo and I loved it. I think I might order these once I get some more money. Let me know how yours work oncfe you get them on. Hey remind me in a month to show you something I got for the car. This will something to come down for or maybe I will come up there if there are some shows going on or something. Good luk buddy. Joe

those red calipers with the white running horse are off the Bullit mustang. It's the SAME EXACT caliper as the cobra ones that i got. Same deal, and you'll love it too.


in a month huh? :evil: will do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
a word of caution. When I did my brake upgrade, I got mine from mustangracing.com Make sure you have a banjo bolt that goes into the cobra brake caliper. The banjo bolt off your stock caliper is a fine coarse thread. Take a look at your cobra caliper, it should be a coarse thread.
I had everything installed and was ready to attach the brake lines to start bleading them and POW!!! The car had to sit on the jack stands for 2 days waiting for the correct banjo bolts from the dealership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
HELP! I did this install a while back, and put on SS brake lines and all.......but I don't remember if I put new Banjo bolts on or not...cause my father ended up doing that part as I was at the hospital with my gf at the time. I don't remember them coming with the kit......i'm not sure! But the brakes work! Will the old bolts work at all? (They work...but acted strange when I bled them....they didn't want to bleed.....)Maybe they're "working" but not very well? HELP!!!! Any way I can tell?

-Eric
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
NitroDuck said:
thats what i used... if you look closely at the pic of my car in the garage you can see grease/brake fluid covered corral printouts strewn across the floor:D
Cool! Any suggestions for improvements in the article?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
i thought it was pretty comprehensive. the only suggestion i would make would be to get a clearer shot of the brake line c-clip retainer. at first i wasn't sure how it would pull out (it wasn't coming out the logical way and i didn't want to break them) but with some finesse and some random insertion of foul language it finally came out.

otherwise i thought it was great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
the cobra front upgrade sounds cool on the gt, but has anyone tried to upgrade and install the 11.65 inch vented cobra brakes on the back of their gt? i think you need new axle flanges, cobra brackets, rotors and pads. any ideas?
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top