Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some background, the car started as my dd when I turned 16. bolt on AOD car that made 189hp. I quickly added a 150 shot to keep up with my friend racing his mom's ls1 camaro.

I hit a deer and put it in a ditch through a barbed wire fence. Bumper, hood, both fenders were trashed. Along the way repairing it, I had a friend looking for a car he could use to build his resume to become an instructor at WyoTech so we cooked up this paint job.

I then built a h/c/i 331 for the car. My first go round with assembling an engine didn't go so hot and it lasted 3 months before a small error bit me in the ass. That was 2007.

Over the years the car has had many plans that havent ever finished. Mainly because I have too many toys and been building a Lightning. The truck kept getting faster which couldn't be faster than the car...

Fast forward to now and I'm trying to get serious with the car since the truck met my goal of 10's.

Built 5.4, billet rods, manley pistons, mmr stg 3 heads w/ oversized valves, 98 Cobra cams

Pulled out the 8.8 with Baseline suspension for some upgrades.

Cut it up for a team z mini tub kit. Cut out spare tire well to make a flat floor with fuel cell underneath.

Test fit new wheels

and that is pretty much caught up. Will have a braked TH400, Trying to decide on turbo size. Originally was thinking billet wheel 76mm, but I'm being influenced into an 88mm.

Car is going to be a "street" car with main focus straight line performance.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been busy, but getting back after it.

Boxed the frame back in.

Ran into a hold up which I was partly anticipating. My UPR K member is not going to work with my manifolds.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Tubs welded, coilover bar fit and ready to weld. Got some through floor subframe connectors from team Z.

Waiting on my new k member from team Z. Got all my timing components in to finish the motor from MMR.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Spent new years filling the engine bay holes. Really need to get my axle cut down so I can get car rolling and to a chassis shop for cage and tube front.

Starting my small parts hoard.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have no clue what i'm doing on body work, but I've read to do this on this forum. haha

First round of filler

1 - 20 of 35 Posts