Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1 and 1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a larger SVE radiator and the matching dual electric fan setup from LMR. I have watched multiple videos on wiring it up. I have the module wired to the fans. But, can't figure out where to run 3 of the wires from the module.

1 - Says goes to AC, but I cannot figure out which wire to tap into?
2 - Says goes to wires going through firewall, but I cannot figure out which wire to tap into
3. - the black wire from the module? I would think to ground, but there is already a wire it said to attach to the headlight ground?

Please help. Thanks!

This is on 5.0 93 LX Hatchback

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
most likely they want you to tap either the ac clutch wiring or the ac low pressure switch wiring so the fan comes on when the ac is on

no idea on the other 2

but you should never share a ground or tap in to a ground for a head light instead clean a piece of solid metal and make a good dedicated ground if needed. You should not need a dedicated ground though since your trigger should provide the ground for the relay trigger. The fan ground itself should not be mistakable as it must be a pretty sizeable wire ~8ga or so.

·
Registered
23,253 Posts
tapping to the a/c as described will result

driving on freeway lets say at 60mph, and you turn on the a/c, the fan will come on

you dont need the fan at 60 mph.

cheap aftermarket, you want a switch that senses the press in the system, like OEM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts