Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1990 mustang that I stripped everything out of. Well, at this point I have all of the wiring in the foxbody from the 01 cobra that I bought. I'm having some confusion on how to wire up the window motors, window switch and the rear lights in my foxbody. I'm using the foxbody window motor switches with the 01 cobra wiring harness. My question is how do I wire this up. I want to keep the foxbody door panels with the window motor switches. Any help would be appreciated. I forgot something else. I'm also wondering how to wire up the fox windshield wiper motor using the 01 cobra wiring connector?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Do you not have any of the wiring from the fox?

The nice thing about the fox bodies is that most of the wiring/electrical systems are separate from each other. There is some cross-over and integration, but nothing too drastic. You should be able to keep most of the interior related and non engine/trans functions in tact by keeping the fox wiring in it. You can completely remove the PCM and engine related wiring without it affecting most of the rest of the electrical systems.

No need to have the 01 Cobra wiring in it for the wipers and windows as they don't integrate with the PCM.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you not have any of the wiring from the fox?

The nice thing about the fox bodies is that most of the wiring/electrical systems are separate from each other. There is some cross-over and integration, but nothing too drastic. You should be able to keep most of the interior related and non engine/trans functions in tact by keeping the fox wiring in it. You can completely remove the PCM and engine related wiring without it affecting most of the rest of the electrical systems.

No need to have the 01 Cobra wiring in it for the wipers and windows as they don't integrate with the PCM.
Yes I have all the wiring from my fox except the engine harness.

·
Registered
813 Posts
That's what I would do, use all the body stuff from the fox, for the interior, windows, headlights, etc....

The use the engine wiring stuff and PCM, BJB, from the Cobra.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts