Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to start the wiring part of the build on my car. I'm adding 5 aftermarket gauges to the car for monitoring the engine. I'm adding oil pressure fuel pressure oil temp AFR and a tach. I don't have a heater or A/C radio or power windows. I was thinking about adding a couple of these to the car to run the power for the gauges.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-900364

I could use the BRN-ORG line from fuse 9 that would normally go to the AC and heater to power one of the fuse blocks then take the YEL-BLK line that comes from fuse 11 to power the other fuse block. I would run all the Autometer gauges off one block then the Innovate DLG-1 would run off the other fuse block. This would also give me extra fuse positions if I wanted to add anything at a later date. Both fuse positions are switched so they don't have constant power which is good. None of the gauges will pull more power then the main fuse can handle so I should be good. I'm trying to think of why this would be a bad idea and I'm not coming up with one. Can any one see a problem with what I want to do?

·
Registered
23,216 Posts
As long as your load does not exceed 75% of the conductor rating you will be fine

You must know the amp draw of your load obviously

1 - 2 of 2 Posts