Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to install a low cost aftermarket keyless entry and mistakenly thought it would be easy. After reading some reviews, I decided on this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QH9C5A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The single page wiring diagram was poor (attached), as many of the reviewers stated. I've got power to the module but can't seem to actually make it do anything. Internally it makes a series of clicking sounds when I press the remote, but no parking light flashing and no lock/unlocking.

Its currently wired per Figure 2 (the title is wrong and should read negative trigger). If I wire it per Figure 3 or 4, it blows the fuse.

I've got the brown wires running to the brown wire on the headlight switch harness, and tapped into the pink/green and pink/yellow in the driver side kick panel (lock/unlock). What am I missing?

Attachments

·
Registered
23,216 Posts
you have to have the correct polarity, lock and unlock are just different polarity

therefore you must determine, how your stock system's polarity is, and match it to the correct figure.

·
Registered
773 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts