Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 convertible drivers side window goes up too far. I tried to adjust the front bump stop but it seems like the window never gets up that far. Even when all the way up, the front bump has no pressure on it (the nut is loose). At the bottom of the door was the part in the attached photo. I'm guessing that this is my issue but have no idea how it re-attaches. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. It looks like the front bracket had fallen off at some point. However, it's no where to be found inside the door. My guess is a previous owner replaced the regulator and when they saw that the bracket had fallen off, they just never repaired it. If anyone has any idea where it might be stuck (I shook the heck out of the door and nothing rattled. I also shoved my hand and arm into every corner of that door probing for anything that might feel like it) or where I might be able to get another one, I'd appreciate hearing back from you.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
This post popped up at the perfect time. The driver's side window on my '94 goes up too far also. I'm about to tear into it to see what I find. If I see that part pictured; I'll let you know where it goes.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
The piece you found sits on top of the door latch on the inside of door. You'll see the cable coming from the inside door handle going over to the latch. Your piece sits on top of that cable.

20210118_142830.jpg

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
My window came unglued from the track.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the picture of where that part goes. I pulled window bracket from Pull A Part and ordered the bracing kit. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I usually pull the window, clean it well. and use Window Weld or a similar product to re-glue it to the mount. The fundamental problem is that the stop is placed forward of the track mounting point. The mount is just a single pin, so every time the window hits the stop it is trying to rotate the Mount around the pin. Eventually the glue fails, the mount rotates and the stop no longer prevents the window from going too high. A simple fix is to drill a couple holes in the mount and put a couple small bolts in so that the track can no longer rotate. This is what the LMR brace does as well.

Don’t spend too much time or $$, trying to fix it. New windows are only $75 and the6 have ones with a redesigned hardware to Eliminate the issues for only $99.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I purchased a new window with revised bracket off of Ebay. It's made in China so my fingers are crossed.
The factory setup is a piss poor design.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree. Bad design. Do the new windows have one solid bracket or at least have the front bracket welded to the middle one?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I read many positive reviews and a few negative. The negative comments were in regards to inconsistent shading of the glass. I'm picky so I emailed the seller. He was very kind and mentioned that I can return it within 30 days. He also seemed surprised about the negative reviews. We shall see.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
The window showed up today. The glass shading looks consistent with no visible flaws. I'll most likely install it this weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts