Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Im going to make my own fender liners and this it what im going for. i have a 302 with the On 3 turbo kit, will the turbo or anything interfere with the panel seeing that it takes up some room that the stock liners had. if i had the motor in i would be able to look for myself but the front half of the car is apart.

Thanks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The drivers side has plenty of room....Its the passenger side thats tight....

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats good to know. i ended up making my own as well and look just like yours. insted of a stright shot to the frame rail i but another bend in it about 4 inches down from the top.

also intrested in where the bend off the turbo leads to. i was thinking of making my own ram air intake for it and trying to gather ideas. one was to trim the metal behind the head light so i can fit a 4-5 inch pipe threw and take my old headlight and cut a round hole right threw the center. so when i wana take it to the track i can pull the good headlight and stab in the one with the hole in it and the pipe will clamp to the turbo. so it has the Out Law style look to it but still be removeable for the ride home.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
There have been some other posts on this....

If you are making a lot of power on a 4 inch inlet turbo they HATE anything restricting air flow. Have you tested that elbow in front of the turbo on the dyno vs. it being open? I tested two different types of filters and a screen and all cost a lot of power upwards of 8 psi and 600 rwhp.

The hole in the headlight thing will fail true street tech if you guys run in that. You need working lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts