Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I assume you could buy the TSF-R/High port flanges from Trickflow and have them welded onto the headers that come with the kit. A little more expense, but would be a pretty simple process.
It wouldn't be "that" easy, yea they could just weld new flanges on or use an adapter but the Highports Exhaust ports are .75" taller and would mess up the kits geometry.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This would be used with the canfield 192 which have the regular and spread exhaust pattern but has the same high port configuration as far as the port is lined up. would that little movement of the port make the kit unuseable?

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
There is a big difference between the highports and a regular port head. It affects the top edge of the header, the turbo flange height, the width of the crossover and the downpipe routing.

I would strongly discourage using anything that wasn't designed for it. I tried this with a PTK kit and it was a nightmare.

I have the B&G kit made for it now and can tell you I would have saved a lot of money and even more time going that way from the beginning.

The highports are clearly a pain, but they do make a lot of power, my box stock ones made 817 rwhp and went 9.53. With work done they have more potential then most of us need. I'm on my second set now, once the kit is all setup for them it is easy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks fellas, i figured someone has to have tried it in the past.

Thanks again!

Also mcj50 if u dont mind what sort of combo made those numbers, meaning turbo size displcement intake etc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts