Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have decided to get an on3 kit but I am not sure if the master power is going to be enough. i am looking for 600
Through an aod.

10.5:1 357
X cam
Vic jr heads vic efi intake
60# inj
A1000 system.

I know I will have to run a meth inj kit.

And then I think go down to a 3.50 gear.

Are there any problems with this setup.

Why would it NOT work?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
because of the compression and pump gas i would think i would need to run a meth kit.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much boost do you think i will need to get to 600?

I dont care if the dyno says 400 or 900

I really care about track times and as for that i want to run in the high 9's and i would be happy... Can i get there with a master power on this combo?

Its a 94 roller 351 block 20,000 miles with ross pistons and eagle h beam rods and scat cast steel crank, main studs....

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
how much boost do you think i will need to get to 600?

I dont care if the dyno says 400 or 900

I really care about track times and as for that i want to run in the high 9's and i would be happy... Can i get there with a master power on this combo?

Its a 94 roller 351 block 20,000 miles with ross pistons and eagle h beam rods and scat cast steel crank, main studs....
12-14psi if I had to guess. Get the .96 undivided q-trim exh. housing if vendors are selling that model yet. What trans will u be running?

·
Registered
873 Posts
with 10.5:1 , run e85, the newer style a1000 will support that with ease.(newer ones are now good to 1000hp, older ones good to 800hp , flywheel. now for e85 or e100, subtract -30%) you may end up using more fuel on the corn, but you'll be able to run more timing, and it will run cooler aswell.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
No need to get all complex with the e85. Just run pump. You wont need e85 to run high 9's or make 600hp.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm on a budget here... trying to use what I have already....e85 would be way down the road.

It's a lentech aod with 2400 stall

·
Registered
873 Posts
no he dont need to run e85, but with 10.5 to1, he will have to keep the timing way down. and personally, i dont just trust meth systems. yes the meth will help, but depending on the cam in it, he may have a hard time keeping head gaskets in it

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They don't sell the e85 around here.... I don't really trust meth either but I have an Anderson PMS and if I tune it to where it has a failsafe.... air temp sensor seeing above a certain temp to back out timing.

That is the best thing I can think of.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
are you serious? with a 351 and a t76 on pump gas that thing is going to be a monster!!!
you can run 9"s on a stock 302 with a t70 so your combo is going to kill that. you'll have a hard time keeping it under 600. have fun. i dont see any problem with mid to low 9's with everything working right.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
the only thing youll have to watch is exhaust back pressure. your tuner can monitor this and tune your combo accordingly.

·
Registered
873 Posts
They don't sell the e85 around here.... I don't really trust meth either but I have an Anderson PMS and if I tune it to where it has a failsafe.... air temp sensor seeing above a certain temp to back out timing.

That is the best thing I can think of.
very true, but like i am saying, with 10.5 to 1. a properly ground cam will help relieve cylinder pressure. and yes the fail safe for sure will.

what cam are you running?

and like others have said. a stock bottom end 302 and a t70 can go 9's, even with a auto. you'll have no issue making power for sure. you may find yourself having to keep it turned down..lol

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
very true, but like i am saying, with 10.5 to 1. a properly ground cam will help relieve cylinder pressure. and yes the fail safe for sure will.

what cam are you running?

and like others have said. a stock bottom end 302 and a t70 can go 9's, even with a auto. you'll have no issue making power for sure. you may find yourself having to keep it turned down..lol
X2 i am going through this right now as we speak. After lowering my compression with a thick head gasket (i know it kills the quench and increases the chance of detonation) im still at 10.432:1 Static compression. At the very least we need to know the Intake ABDC degree to roughly determine your DCR. Which i bet is pretty high. With that being said look at the thread i started called "Can i run pump gas" in this section. Huafist explains why running pump gas is not a good idea. Yes you can run it but you are leaving a lot of HP on the table because of your conservative timing.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im probably going to start out running a crappy X cam and then i can go from there...

and what you guys are saying about the pump gas is understandable... I thought meth injection will help this???

I have a failsafe for the meth injection... so if the meth inj fails my engine hopefully won't....

I do not street race so no trying to prove a point there... if the car is drivable and makes 500rwhp im cool with that

Plus i can always run race gas if i want to push it and be on the safe side right?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
meth is a very good option if done right. there are some very nice setups out there that would help a lot., but with your aluminum heads i still think you will be able to run pump gas with a good tune. if your looking to only make 500rwhp then there will be no problem. if thats all you want let me give you my set up and ill take yours and make some real power. lol. good luck. if i could say one thing though please get a good tune.

·
Registered
873 Posts
im probably going to start out running a crappy X cam and then i can go from there...
asking for trouble IMO
and what you guys are saying about the pump gas is understandable... I thought meth injection will help this???
The meth will help, but in that case, why not just run 100 octane pump, or buy a 55 gallon drum of e85?
I have a failsafe for the meth injection... so if the meth inj fails my engine hopefully won't....
I still just saying, with that much compression if the meth does fail, you want to know. even with conservative timing, your still pushing your luck even with race gas IMO
I do not street race so no trying to prove a point there... if the car is drivable and makes 500rwhp im cool with that
no one here cares if you do. we are trying to help you with your combo. and we keep stating, you will be making plenty of power to split that thin wall block wide open anyway
Plus i can always run race gas if i want to push it and be on the safe side right?
Yes, race gas would be much better period. hell even 100 octane fuel(if thats in your area) your still pushing your luck with much boost with that CR.

even staying around 8psi, with your compression ratio is what is pushing the limit. and that x cam, will not help matters any. your combo sounds much more suited for a N/a car. with some giggle gas on top of it. with aluminum heads it would be fine on pump gas. even with 100 shot. but with pump gas and pushing it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts