Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 351 (95 Lightning motor) in my 93 Mustang. KB has a Flowzilla SC kit for a 302. Would this kit fit a 3t1? I'm not sure how the intakes,etc differ between the 302/351

·
Registered
433 Posts
No the 351w is wider.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Call Kenne Bell and ask them. I ran a Blowzilla/Flowzilla 2.2L on my '89 LX for years. I always found them to be very knowledgeable and helpful.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
KB doesn't make kits for Fox Mustang any longer. If you could find a 5L KB kit for a Cobra lower, you might be able to match it up with a Lightning 351w Cobra lower. I'm guessing you would likely need a custom length (or modified) snout drive to align the pulley drive with what's on your engine.

Reactions: tmoss

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a 351 (95 Lightning motor) in my 93 Mustang. KB has a Flowzilla SC kit for a 302. Would this kit fit a 351? I'm not sure how the intakes,etc differ between the 302/351
I have a Blowzilla on a 393 (351 based), so it will definitely work. One issue is the lower intake. It will have to be a Cobra style (staggered holes), since there was not a HO lower for a 351W. The GT-40 / Lightning are hard to find for a 351, especially in aluminum. I assume you kept the Lightning intake, so you will be good there. Now you MUST have a KB that has the GT-40 style discharge. The majority have the casting for the stock lower HO 5.0. Seems like it also required a spacer between the intakes to get the blower off the valve covers.

Mine is in an SN-95 (different blower snout and accessory belt location) and was done years ago, so I can't provide any more particulars. I had to modify the hood (stock) as well due to the taller engine and blower with spacer. Again, I am talking SN-95, so the fox will be different there.

In short, it will not be a bolt-on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Blowzilla on a 393 (351 based), so it will definitely work. One issue is the lower intake. It will have to be a Cobra style (staggered holes), since there was not a HO lower for a 351W. The GT-40 / Lightning are hard to find for a 351, especially in aluminum. I assume you kept the Lightning intake, so you will be good there. Now you MUST have a KB that has the GT-40 style discharge. The majority have the casting for the stock lower HO 5.0. Seems like it also required a spacer between the intakes to get the blower off the valve covers.

Mine is in an SN-95 (different blower snout and accessory belt location) and was done years ago, so I can't provide any more particulars. I had to modify the hood (stock) as well due to the taller engine and blower with spacer. Again, I am talking SN-95, so the fox will be different there.

In short, it will not be a bolt-on.
Hello MadViking
Hoping you don't mind if I ask you a couple questions? I have a 1995 mustang gt(302) with a KB 2200 blowzilla.
Would like to bring the car up to about 525 to 550 crank hp using a 351w roller block. What I'm trying to get figured
out is (1) does the 2200 KB have the capacity to properly supply a larger 351(vs 302) engine to create at least
525 engine hp? (ported gt40x heads and gt40 intake). I am assuming yours is a 2200 unit on your 393?
(2) Does the 2200 KB pulley line up properly with the rest of the 351w crank and accessory pulleys?
Which size crank and KB pulleys are you using with your 393?
(3) Using the 351 gt40 lower manifold do u know if there is a clearance issue between the 2200 and valve covers?
Going by KB's own data the 2200 would need to be run quite a bit faster to create the same boost on a 351 vs a 302.
If it works well on a 393 then it should be more than adequate on a 351.
Getting answers from someone who has actually been there, done that, would be very valuable.
Thanks in advance, Fred

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hello MadViking
Hoping you don't mind if I ask you a couple questions? I have a 1995 mustang gt(302) with a KB 2200 blowzilla.
Would like to bring the car up to about 525 to 550 crank hp using a 351w roller block. What I'm trying to get figured
out is (1) does the 2200 KB have the capacity to properly supply a larger 351(vs 302) engine to create at least
525 engine hp? (ported gt40x heads and gt40 intake). I am assuming yours is a 2200 unit on your 393?
(2) Does the 2200 KB pulley line up properly with the rest of the 351w crank and accessory pulleys?
Which size crank and KB pulleys are you using with your 393?
(3) Using the 351 gt40 lower manifold do u know if there is a clearance issue between the 2200 and valve covers?
Going by KB's own data the 2200 would need to be run quite a bit faster to create the same boost on a 351 vs a 302.
If it works well on a 393 then it should be more than adequate on a 351.
Getting answers from someone who has actually been there, done that, would be very valuable.
Thanks in advance, Fred
fredsn95, I sent you a PM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts