Discussion Starter #1
lightweight coupe
408w
13:1 compression
victor jr intake
.650 solid roller, 254/258 duration
2" kooks longtubes

I just finished putting the car back together had some bad luck at the track
and hit the wall. Also, blown head gasket. I was thinking of not installing the 3" xpipe/mufflers and running turn downs after the collectors.
Think it will pick up som hp?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
On my setup, I think the ET gain I see is more from the weight than horsepower. It might pick up a little, but I run Dynomax Ultraflo welded mufflers and full 3" pipe. Thats about 50 lbs worth of weight coming off, so about .5 in ET gain and a mph or so.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'd run the x-pipe.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you can, run just the x pipe without mufflers then drop the x pipe and see what the difference in et is. What I would highly recomend doing is purchasing a set of merged collectors and a set of burns stainless collector mufflers... the merge collector will give you the most gains over the x pipe setup. Of course that might not be in the budget... The x pipe is your best bet though... also, dont run just open headers, attach an 18" extention on each collector and paint them with some high temp paint, after making a pass take a look at the extentions, where ever the paint has burned off to is where you need to trim the extention...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
yes, it will help quite a bit. I have a nearly identical combo and it picked up 2 tenths.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Thats about 50 lbs worth of weight coming off, so about .5 in ET gain and a mph or so.
I think you mean .05 or your exhaust is 500 lbs.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts