Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is street driven 99% of the time. My plans are to bolt on a set of Edelbrock 6037's soon. I have their Performer EFI intake already, and BBK longtubes. I want an emissions legal cam, so the E303 is it. I won't go any steeper than 3.55's in the rear, so just wondering if the E303 will work better than my stock cam & my current 3.08's?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is this an AOD or T-5 car? The E303 starts doing its thing at about 3000 rpm. If you have a stick, this wont be a problem. With an AOD, its REALLY sluggish out of the hole, until you work your way up to about 3000. I put a 3000 stall tq. converter in my AOD soon after the cam swap for that reason, and now it runs pretty good. So yes, it would be a good mod, but make sure you can get it to the right rpm fast. Hope this helps.

Ryan

89 LX AOD
E303, ported stock heads, edelbrock performer,
3000 stall stallion tq. converter....some other stuff(125 shot)
[email protected] best so far

·
Registered
969 Posts
I say no way. My 95 is a stick, and we tried the E303 w/2.73 gears. The car actually felt slower. We then went to 3.55s, which were fine on the street, but forget it @ the track. 3rd and 4th gears just died off. In the end, we used 4.10s, which keep the cam within it's "happy range". :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts