Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it? Or no? My tranny is messed up and I can get a T-5 right now. I know it's not any better than a T-45, but it's better than nothing, right? I don't think it would work, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I would like to know this too .. I can get a built t-5 cheap.... here is my problems :

Here is my problems : I was driving back home from Anderson ford Saturday , and was in 5th gear 2700 rpms , And the car started hesitating and clunking like it was getting ready to chuck some gears , then I pulled over and the only gear it would go into while it was running was 1st . WOuld go into all gears not running ? What could it be ? Clutch ? Or the tranny going south ? Shifter ?? The STOCK shifter is like soaked in fluid rubber around the top of it ? Please help !!!!

Thanks ,

Slick

·
Registered
660 Posts
Aaron 4.6 said:
No, the input shafts are different.
Ummm as far as I know the input shafts are the same considering a Tremec 3550 is interchangeable from a 5.0 to a 4.6L as long as you get a bellhousing. Plus if the input shaft was different you would just resolve that by changing clutch disk kind of like when you use a Tremec TKO. I think it would work if you used some type of bellhousing like lakewood scattershield but really not sure on electronic part. BTW I have 2 Tremec T45 for sale that are in good shape if interested e-mail me [email protected]

Alain

1 - 4 of 4 Posts