Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a fox body that runs 10.7s i'm trying to reduce that chassi flex i have 8 point cage, and subframe connecters, and tublar k meber, i took the sway bar off to help transfer weight, i figer a strut tower brace will help stop the weight transfer, the reason i ask is beacuse ford claims that the brace stops up to 45% of flex, but if it's going to slow 1/4 mile times like i think it probal will, i will not run it.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
If you have an 8-PT cage and sub-frame connectors, and still have noticeable chassis flex, somethings wrong IMO.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm not noticing anything now i just want to prevent any planing on 9s by next summer

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I'm not sure how a strut tower brace would hurt except for a slight increase in weight. Its not designed to reduce weight transfer only to prevent flex between the towers and firewall. Should help with front end rigidity. Are you pulling big wheelstands or anything? I've seen pics of some mustangs pulling wheels up and the front end looks twisted.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no wheelstands, car really dosn't squat or anything it comes up slow and just takes off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts