Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some 93 4cyl springs for sale. I heard they are suppose to help they car launch and lower it an 1-1.4 inches. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Depends on how worn out they are. They are 3/4" shorter as it, plus they will compress more due to a weaker rate for the 4 cyl cars. It's what I'm using up front in my car.

Bill

·
Registered
594 Posts
I put some in out of my wifes 94 Cobra, the 93-95 Cobras came with 4cyl springs, I cut the fronts 1-1/2 coils and the rears right at 2 coils, the car sits a little lower than the Eibach sportline springs would and the cars rides surprisingly well most likely because of the soft springs, I think U will be happy with them , this is in my wifes new 00GT.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok i decided to go with 4cyl springs for the front for sure. Now im wondering about the rear. I want to be able to launch my car hard and im wondering which springs would be the best. Would the 4cyl springs get the job done in the rear?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I found that 4cyl springs in the rear are way too soft and causes the rear end to unload on hard launches. I'm using fox body v8 springs cut 1/4 coil they have just enough give to let the car squat but not too much to cause it to bottom out and unload.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts