Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

ok, so last time out at the track I went an 11.41 @ 120, into a crazy head wind. (the car usually goes 125 in normal conditions). I cut a new best of a 1.57 60ft!!! I'm very impressed, as the car had stock rear control arms- going a best of 1.66. So I put in Max Mot. lower solid arms and FRPP boxed uppers out back....and BAM! first run off the trailer, 1.57!!! I am pumped!! I blew the head geasket next run, so I can't even say I'm good at launching with the new control arms yet.

My car seems to still weight transfer very weird. It has 70/30 lakewoods up front right now and all is working well. (obviously with a 1.57 60 ft)

I ordered new 90/10's with my gaskets, "just in case". Will I gain even more 60 ft times, changing the shocks?? Or am I just opening up another can of worms, now having to figure out tire pressure and air bag pressure, launch rpm, etc all over again??

Or can I leave all my variables the same and just change the shocks??

opinions needed!!!! Sorry for the long post, but I only have one race weekend left before it closes for the season up here!!

Chris

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I would have ordered some Strange 10 ways, its only $40 more and they are adjustable, you will not see any gains from the 90/10s over the 70/30s.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I would have ordered some Strange 10 ways, its only $40 more and they are adjustable, you will not see any gains from the 90/10s over the 70/30s.
X2 !!

Plus the ride sucks !! with 90/10s and 4 cyl springs my car takes corners like a brick swims lol IF I ever replace the 90/10s it will be with strange adjs

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
stranges are the shizzzz i like em a lot

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
+1 on the Strange's

·
Registered
777 Posts
+2 on the Strange's, well worth the investment.

·
Registered
386 Posts
love my strange shocks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts