Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a turbo and I have 3:55s in it right now with 28x9 slicks, instead of changing the gears to 3:27s, I was thinking on changing to a taller tire, I wondering if a 29x10.5 will fit a foxbody?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
A friend of mine just tried these on his 83. They rubbed front and back on the wheel openings in the top end

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How bad did they rub? My Mustang is a track only car and isnt a show car, so I wouldnt mind banging in some spots to get it to fit.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I have a buddy that claimed to have done it but I never saw any proof and seriously doubt it judging how my Hoosiers fit.

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
LOL, looks like my Coupe, mines has a T70 and just made 530RWHP & 535RWTQ with a C4, can I see a bigger pic, did you stick to the 29.5" and what do you have to do, to get it to work?

·
Registered
148 Posts
29.5x10.5 fit

I put a 29.5x10.5 on a 87 hatch without a minni tub. You have to cheat and cut the wheel well open, spred it, then fill with some sort of material. I used fiberglass. The front of the wheel lip as well as some of the back will have to be cut as well. Sawz-zaw for this.

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good, what size rim and backspacing? I am running 15x10 with 6.5" backspacing.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
How bad did they rub? My Mustang is a track only car and isnt a show car, so I wouldnt mind banging in some spots to get it to fit.
They rubbed bad enough to cut a groove in the the tires and smoke like crazy the last 150 ft. He is going back to 28's cause he doesn't want to cut the wheel openings

1 - 10 of 10 Posts