Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At idle my wideband is pegged at 22.4, when throttle is applied it reads "normal" A/F ratios, but as soon as I let off it pegs back to 22.4 also if I just ease into the throttle it stays at 22.4, I know it's not lean, it's leaving black marks out the tailpipes. Sensor has maybe 50miles on it. Ideas? On3 kit, sensor is in supplied downpipe bung.

·
Registered
23,216 Posts
you are blowing black at idle?

and the WB reads lean?

you sure you set the transfer function in your logger/gauge correctly?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you are blowing black at idle?

and the WB reads lean?

you sure you set the transfer function in your logger/gauge correctly?
yes. the gauge operated normally one day, not so much the next, and I didn't change anything. Innovative says exhaust leak as well, I could find none.

·
Registered
23,216 Posts
yes. the gauge operated normally one day, not so much the next, and I didn't change anything. Innovative says exhaust leak as well, I could find none.

time to measure voltage generated by WB

get the dvom out.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
time to measure voltage generated by WB

get the dvom out.
I'm starting to despise using one of these, maybe I'll take up extreme bird watching for a while and take a break from constantly having to run electrical tests on my car, argggg.

·
Registered
23,216 Posts
why?

its fun, just like bolting on a turbo

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
why?

its fun, just like bolting on a turbo
No it's not.. Electrical #### sucks!..lol. Give me a CAD station or mill or lathe or welder but to send me ballistic put a volt meter in my hand.:hammer:

ks

·
Registered
23,216 Posts
all need electricity.

better start learning

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have a cam? Cam overlap can cause a lean reading at i,dle.
Just a TFS stage1, When I spoke to innovate Motorsports they said that cam overlap was likely not the issue, it worked fine one day, haywire the next.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
which innovate kit is it? i had the older one on my turbo car before, the one with the free air calibration bs, and it was a constant headache. changed to an aem and no more bs. my pro-m efi uses the newer innovate units and so far so good.

also, no matter who's product you're using you should be running as heat sink as they all use oem 02s which simply can't handle the heat soak

DynoTune Product, 037-Heat sink for oxygen sensor in high heat apps - DynoTune, Nitrous systems, Purge kits, Nitrous Bottle heaters and more!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts