Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the MSPNP2 in my car (1974 260Z with 331 stroker).

Previously, the engine was controlled using an EEC-IV with a chip. I just rebuilt the engine and upgraded the heads and cam. While at the dyno to break the new engine in I was having trouble with the old EEC-IV, so I decided to pull the trigger and install a MegaSquirt PNP2 (The shop where I dyno the car just happened to have one ready to sell to me).

So, I am now the proud owner of an MSPNP2. We installed it an tuned it on the dyno while we were breaking in the new engine. I am happy with the tune for the most part. Unfortunately, we didn't get to tune the cold start and some of the other aspects need to be optimized.

I am new to tuning. When we tuned on the dyno we used their wide band set-up, but I do not have a wide band installed in the car permanently.

I am looking for advice regarding which wide band set-up to purchase. I have been doing a little internet research and it seems that the Innovate wide bands have issues. Are the AEM units any better?

I would like a unit that interfaces with a gauge and that can also interface with the MSPNP2.

The car is only used for track days.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
AEM is a solid go to. I've had great luck with autometer ultra-lite units as well. They have a 0-4v version and a 0-5v version, both of which have programmable limits so resolution can be controlled.

I've had absolutely terrible luck with 6 or 7 innovate units so far. I'll never touch an innovate product myself.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I have had good luck with the innovate lc2 wideband, my brother in law keeps having the sensor crap out on his (3 in the first 1,000miles) could be a nsensor placement issue, but it's right where innovate says to put it. I don't think I would buy another one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I am considering the AEM 30-4110.

I would like to hear form anyone who has used this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts