Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A terrible failure, which could of ruined that guys motor. It makes me wonder about the gates as well.
I just hope we don't see more threads like this, as there are ALOT of people running this stuff!

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also it's good to see TiAL in that thread, and have some info/input from their perspective.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hooray for cheap chinese parts.:salute:

[/sarcasm] They are probally just mad over there cause they spent twice as much than the cheap chinese kits ,or maybe they installed it wrong.[/sarcasm]:rofl:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
A terrible failure, which could of ruined that guys motor. It makes me wonder about the gates as well.
I just hope we don't see more threads like this, as there are ALOT of people running this stuff!
^^^Because they don't want people telling them "I told you so." They want to remain internet heroes. I get calls asking if Tial "this or that" will fit in the real thing because theirs crapped out.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^Because they don't want people telling them "I told you so." They want to remain internet heroes. I get calls asking if Tial "this or that" will fit in the real thing because theirs crapped out.
Imagine that, classic!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Great, now I'm going to be paranoid about mine... It's the only china/knockoff part I haven't replaced on the kit :eek:

Maybe I'll take it apart and see if it is the exact same one.

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Ouch, there is so many knock off's for the Ebay guys...I have a real hard time understanding, well let's put 15K in the motor with turbo kit then buy cheap part's at the end of my build to get by...

Turbosmart & TiAL Sport Are Quality, We use them daily.

Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
The plastic bosch ones are cheap but robust enough for Porsche. I have been running a pair of them for 6 years. They are not china knockoffs however. Maybe that is the key-not necessarily cost.
Erich

·
Registered
41 Posts
The plastic bosch ones are cheap but robust enough for Porsche. I have been running a pair of them for 6 years. They are not china knockoffs however. Maybe that is the key-not necessarily cost.
Erich
I am a Design Engineer and we utilize China and other countries requently with good results. The problem is poor design, testing and understand of metals.

Bosch, tial and others have spent the time and money to develop a reliable, quality part their customers. The ebay wholesalers are more in the mind set of cutting cost to get you a product that appears apples to apples.

I really hate seeing bashing of any country. It all comes down to design and design control. BTW your bosch bov was probably made in there Chinese factory in Beijing.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Unless they lied, the bosch were not made in china. While it may be possible to produce quality goods there (and there are several examples), the majority of products that you see everyday that are made in china are not good quality. The drive to manufacture over there is to cut costs-not increase quality.

My pypes exaust system is an example of something that appeared to be well designed but made in china under high quality standards to lower costs. The 304 stainless started getting rusts spots the first winter. The system never fit that well. It is ok but I would not buy it again.

Erich

1 - 16 of 16 Posts