Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am on a couple other forums such as PennMustangs and TheTurboForums and have suggested the On3 kits to people as I know a plethora of people that have had great success with these kits. I have gotten bashed for doing such a thing every time. Is this just brand rivalry taken too far? The quality of the On3 kits is pretty obvious to me. Can anyone shed any light on this?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Hey guys,
I am on a couple other forums such as PennMustangs and TheTurboForums and have suggested the On3 kits to people as I know a plethora of people that have had great success with these kits. I have gotten bashed for doing such a thing every time. Is this just brand rivalry taken too far? The quality of the On3 kits is pretty obvious to me. Can anyone shed any light on this?
I cannot tell you for sure. But I know alot of people hate them because alot of the parts are "Chinese". But the fact is they are cheaper and they actually perform very well. You also have to remember when people have issues with these kits, more times than not it is user error.

Just for a little reference, tools, like snap-on, supposed to be made right in racine, WI. Ya, probably 50% are Chinese...

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
nah it won't go to 2

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
IJust for a little reference, tools, like snap-on, supposed to be made right in racine, WI. Ya, probably 50% are Chinese...
Is that like 60% of the time it works everytime? Or like 46% of all statistics are made up?

If I was building a budget build I would go with an On3 kit and a good turbo. My build was anything from budget and I did not want to have to worry about pulling it apart and fixing manufacture issues so I went BG instead.

·
Registered
180 Posts
funniest thing of all is,

After all the recycled wok bs over on turbo fourms... guess what? b&g is selling
Chinese hot sides on their site. lmfao

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see I see. I heard of some issues with the kit not fitting, but none that went without resolution. It seems like Chad is a good guy to deal with. Even if it was made from Chinese scrap metal, for the price I feel like that is expected. However, the kit seems to perform tons better than what I would expect from a < $1500 kit IMO.

·
Registered
281 Posts
it's because the owner of B&G turbo is friends with the adims on theturboforums. When on3 came out with their affordable kits, B&G was not willing to cut their prices so they came up with rumors of quality issues. False accusations of cracking for the 99+ kits went flying. And that's all they were.....accusations.....because it wasnt even long enough to know if they would crack or not. B&G/TF were banking on one of them cracking so all the rumors would ring true!! Sadly it never happened and there are many happy on3 kit owners making great power at an affordable price. Many members on their should have their foot in their mouth......but any mention of on3 the thread or topic is deleted. Gay ass politics is all it is.

B&G even went to the point of saying they were going to copy the on3 kits and sell them for less. After months of B&G fans waiting, it never happened. It was just an empty threat, that didn't hurt on3 business anyway.

TF is just full of politics that has really diminished the site. Once it was a great wealth of knowledge with people willing to educate now its just a bunch of elitest that say, "click the search button" for any and every question. I havent been on there for years since all the BS started.

What can i say, competition is great for the consumer. :salute: I say let all the other turbo companies that want $6k+ for their kits to get mad, i don't care. This is what i can afford = this is what i'll buy.

Also, i cant stand all these on3 owners that blast on3 over all the forums for any little problem they come across. Most of the time its their fault/lack of knowledge anyway. It just annoys the sh*t out of me, all these dumb on3 owners that complain just to complain.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Great price, Great kit; I'd be jealous too if I were selling something similar and two to three times the cost. It was a simple choice for me to go with On3. The kit fits and runs great and the customer service matched. Nuff said on that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
well, when you get down to it, there is alot of really knowledgeable people on forums, and with that comes people who dont know ####. they just re hash a bunch of crap they heard on the internet and jump on a bandwagon. the only bad thing that i can find some validity is that the stock turbo is not that great, but thats why theres options. I personally cant wait to see the new kit for the 2vs in action. i bet its the best bang for your buck.

·
Registered
323 Posts
it's because the owner of B&G turbo is friends with the adims on theturboforums. When on3 came out with their affordable kits, B&G was not willing to cut their prices so they came up with rumors of quality issues. False accusations of cracking for the 99+ kits went flying. And that's all they were.....accusations.....because it wasnt even long enough to know if they would crack or not. B&G/TF were banking on one of them cracking so all the rumors would ring true!! Sadly it never happened and there are many happy on3 kit owners making great power at an affordable price. Many members on their should have their foot in their mouth......but any mention of on3 the thread or topic is deleted. Gay ass politics is all it is.

B&G even went to the point of saying they were going to copy the on3 kits and sell them for less. After months of B&G fans waiting, it never happened. It was just an empty threat, that didn't hurt on3 business anyway.

TF is just full of politics that has really diminished the site. Once it was a great wealth of knowledge with people willing to educate now its just a bunch of elitest that say, "click the search button" for any and every question. I havent been on there for years since all the BS started.

What can i say, competition is great for the consumer. :salute: I say let all the other turbo companies that want $6k+ for their kits to get mad, i don't care. This is what i can afford = this is what i'll buy.

Also, i cant stand all these on3 owners that blast on3 over all the forums for any little problem they come across. Most of the time its their fault/lack of knowledge anyway. It just annoys the sh*t out of me, all these dumb on3 owners that complain just to complain.
I understand what you are saying as far as people have no clue about what they are doing. However, thats what the forums is about. Letting people know the issues others have so someone is there to lend advice. I own the on3 kit and it has been great so far. It was not user installation when I did not receive all the hardware for the install or had to weld 2 pinholes in the manifolds. I just let the people on this forum to know what to look out for.

·
Registered
361 Posts
funniest thing of all is,

After all the recycled wok bs over on turbo fourms... guess what? b&g is selling
Chinese hot sides on their site. lmfao
I was about to call total BS.. then I went and looked. Sure as ####!!! BG imported pro turbo kits.

How are American independant companies supposed to compete when you design a kit, and somebody comes along, buys one and sends it to China to be copied for 1/3 the price? At some point this is gonna bite us in the ass, BIG TIME!!! Why make anything at all when it will be immediately copied by a Chinese "company" that has NO respect for American trademark or patent laws?

We are slitting our own throats with a big smile saying "look how much money I saved!!!"

·
Registered
444 Posts
i am happy with on3 turbo and 5.0 fox kit.the hot side i got used from a member and yes it did have a few pin holes that i tacked up without issues and the flex join imploded but for the price realy cant go wrong if u know u got a deal and u got what u paid for as for the new 76mm turbo runs realy quiet and very happy with it once i get a c4 i can make full passes and head to the track for numbers.and what is realy made in the usa anymore

·
Registered
193 Posts

ON3 got bashed on the turbo forums because he wouldn't give a straight answer to questions he was asked. Mainly about warranty stuff and instructions. There were concerns about the stainless and one of them did crack and the owner had some issues getting things covered at first. It was long after that ON3 offered the kit in mild steel. They did ride Chad's ass but they are only looking out for potential customers. They saw a lot of people get ripped off over the years.
What everyone at TTF forgot was that ON3 was a new business so they were going to have to learn on the fly. It's too bad things happened the way they did because TTF would be a better place with all the ON3 build going on.

·
Registered
747 Posts
i remember when On3 was still on TTF.com and all hell broke lose people were bashing the company at 1st cause it was a kit that was being sold on Ebay.com. Like most turbo kits on Ebay there POS that dont fit so everyone thought that any kit sold on ebay was crap. then On3 came along and a few guys asked questions about them on the fourms and of core the common (china bay, recycled WOK and you get what you pay for) slang was being thrown out. then Brian at BG comes in and all hell broke lose. it was an absolute madhouse till Chad got Banned from the site for no reason even though he was a PAYING member! what people failed to learn was that just cause you sell your kits over ebay dosnt mean its junk. also just because its made in chain or japan or any ASIAN country dosnt mean its junk. look at import cars and bikes #### last forever.

as far as the bad turbos and small parts go. you can upgrade to a Master Power turbo just like the ones that come stock with the BG kit.

ohh and funny thing is my build is also on TTF.com and in the build section when you look for it, it says ON 3 turbo build, guess what no one is saying #### anymore. maybe a few years back i would have been bashed to all hell but guess what the product is speaking for itself now and not one negative thing has been said on it. people do learn and educate themselfs on parts, just takes time. now that is said and done im gona jump over to BGs site and take a look at his new imported kit. LOL. you know what they say...Cant beat em, join em!

·
Registered
337 Posts
All I can say is that my RL friend runs the kit, we go out every weekend and drive his car like its stolen, after 16months+ its holding up strong. Everything else aside, that speaks enough about the situation.

All of the people claiming Chinese parts take American jobs need to go return their clothes, tvs, stereos, cars, and pretty much everything else they take for granted. it is what it is, shut up or spend the extra 30% it costs to buy American products.

·
Registered
608 Posts
B&G was selling(offering) Chinese stuff the whole time while everyone was bashing on3. What's your name over there on tf? I couldn't find it in the search. Looking through the actual build boards now.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Just read that whole thing 88 lol! Damn that things been through alot the last fee years. I can't believe everything your doing twice, but it sounds like your doing what you've always wanted to do. What happend with the big block? You ever get it running? What's the info on it

·
Registered
747 Posts
thanks i actually have a continuation on here in the turbochargers section. still gona be a while before the build is done. i need to finish painting the engine bay and buying the tube k member the motor is ready to go i just need to finish paying it off and pick it up. started mounting up the shifter today and trying to figure out how to run the trans cooler i wana mount it in the rear near the rear bumper. i wana keep the weight in the back as its way lighter in the rear plus i dont have room to mount it on the rad because the intercooler im gona mount flush with the rad support. keep an eye on it, i update it all the time.

1 - 20 of 253 Posts