Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on 65 mm throttle body and c&l 73mm mass air for stock 19lb injectors. Got it running, set idle to 850ish, then TPS, and went for a drive after it warmed up a bit. Runs great, but when I come to a stop sign etc., the idle hangs at like 12-1500 rpms for a few seconds before it drops down. I cleaned out the IAB and all, what's up??

·
Super Moderator
27,651 Posts
Those articles would be perfect if it weren't for the fact that they perpetuate the myth that setting the TPS to over 0.97 is OK. It isn't. I emailed the site with information about why it was wrong although the articles are otherwise great, and they emailed me back thanking me for my effort to correct the situation but I see they haven't updated it yet. So in the meantime when I see these links I'm going to have to keep issuing the disclaimer: Do NOT set your TPS above 0.97 or idle problems will likely result.

·
Registered
86 Posts
MFE

the author is making corrections but it is taking awhile i guess;)
honest we didn't just ignore you!

MFE is right we simply have not corrected our articles yet

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
My problem was the TPS. Had it set at ~.98 and the idle would hang at about 1,300. Turned it down to .90 and it idles fine and you can't tell a difference at WOT.

Carson

1 - 5 of 5 Posts