Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 6 point cage in my 68 at one time. Now I have a much tamer motor and had no need to it's gone now. Ive heard a couple people say to ditch my 4 point harness because I dont have the cage anymore. So I was just curious as to why it isn't safe now?

Thanks

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
only if the shoulder belts do not pull down under your shoulders.

when there is no belt support bar within 4 inches of your shoulder, when your body loads the shoulder straps, unsupported, the straps can crush / break your shoulders / collarbone.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
The shoulder straps, if attached to the floor of the car, will compress your spine and hurt you if you hit something in the front. You need to mount them to the main hoop cross bar or just take them out.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Draw all the mounting points of the harness on a piece of paper..........will your body fit COMPLETLY inside these points without injury?
Under load these harnesses will try to pull STRAIGHT from the mounting points, and crush anything in its way...

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang that doesn't sound good. Other than just taking them out, is there anything I can do to modify them and make them safer? I like the racey look from them, plus i figured they would be safer than the 68 lap belts, but I dont wanna be crushed by my own seat belts either!

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts