Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand they share the same chassis but i am just curious as im still new to foxes

·
Moderator & USAF (Retired)
14,998 Posts
Mark VIII fan was first factory electric fan from ford. The 93 fan flowed the most air. Today almost any electric factory fan will meet the need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Mark VIII fan is one of the highest cfm e-fans out there. They are used for rock crawlers, mud trucks, all kinda of custom stuff. They flow about 4400 cfm if my memory serves me correctly.

·
USAF retired
8,999 Posts
Dual Contour fans are better.
I've got one of those setups on my LTD LX, a MKVIII set up for the 88GT, and a crown vic aux fan on my 90LX. They all work like they're supposed to, contour fans provide more room if you had a blower car of the three.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
You need an aluminum shroud like above to avoid overheating problems correct?
not with a contour fan, the contour fan shroud covers all but about 2-3" of the bottom cores on a fox rad. love my contour fans!

·
Registered
10,718 Posts
I used a T-Bird fan, fits like a glove.........

·
Registered
331 Posts
I was on the fence on mark viii fan and contour. The mark viii assembly and even replacement motor was not readily available. Contour fan in stock at parts house and got a dual fan controller. Just finished wiring it and taking a break...lol...I'll be out and about tomorrow with real world experience. The fit is so factory looking and pretty quiet. As well as it pushes some massive air through...

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
I'm using a Taurus 2spd efan with a Dcc controller. Mounted it using MFE's write up, bolted the stock overflow bottle to the shroud and this thing rocks...and looks like it belongs there. $75 brand new. Not as powerful as the Mk8 but I can sit in traffic forever with the ac down here (like today for example) and it keeps engine temp nice and steady. Like the Mk8, its not the greatest for w/p pulley clearance though. If that was an issue for me I would use the dual Contour fan set up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow thanks guys makes sense now...what year mark viii and contour are we talking here?

·
USAF retired
8,999 Posts
That's what I like about the MKVIII/Taurus fan is putting the factory overflow on the shroud. With the contour I put an overflow from some random car down by the horns. It's there and works for dragstrip inspection purposes, but if I need to top off the coolant I just add right to the radiator.

·
Registered
101 Posts
wow thanks guys makes sense now...what year mark viii and contour are we talking here?
I am not sure about the Mark viii to look for, but all V-6 Contours from 1995 through 2000, Six-cylinder '99-'02 Mercury Cougars and Mystiques also utilize the same fan.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Mark VIII fan dimensions are 22"W x 18.5"H x 6.25"D.
Flow has been measured at 4300 cfm.
3018INFO
They used to sell for $99/new.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts