Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace my "B" springs with H&R sports. H&R calls out a different part number for verts. I am trying to figure out why, since I have found a set of used coupe ones for a good price.

PS The "B" springs lowered my 90 vert the perfect amount.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I own a vert. Verts way more then the coupe, thence a different spring is needed. I have a 97 and bought a H&R super sport springs and love the way they feel and handle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A convertable has more weight over the rear suspension than a hardtop, so consiquently they require either stiffer or longer springs. Were you to put hardtop springs on a convertable, it's likey you'd see the rear suspension compress too much. This may be a problem from a looks standpoint or it may give you functional trouble like bottoming out often.

I guess you could always get some spacers to make up for the extra compressed distance.

·
Registered
705 Posts
the convertible is heavier due to extra supports, since the top really isn't there. The h&r ss springs lowered mine almost 2" up front, and 1.75 in the rear. try www.fiveofanatic.com/pgsvt/home.html he has the sport springs on his. good luck shoot a pm if you have any other questions

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
As others have said, it's the extra weight. I installed the coupe Eibachs on mine in error (shop gave me wrong ones) and the ride/handling was terrible including bottoming out. I posted on Corral and someone asked the coupe/vert spring part no. question which I did not know about. I checked and that was the problem...had them exchanged and the problem disappeared! Chalk another one up for the folks on Corral!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts