Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's running their external wastegate vented?
How'd you run it, just like a ebay dump tube or fabricate some kind of muffler or watcha do?
Loud? Pics/video would be aweome

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most people I have seen just have a small dump tube on it. I personally think that sounds like complete ass but that is just me.

I have seen people put small mufflers on them even recall someone on here talking about making some small mufflers for theirs.

You mean sounds like complete ass when they run an external vented w-gin the first place?in place of a recirculating one...or when you run one with a dump tube on it? (idk if people run one open w-g with no pipe at all)

·
4,309 Posts
You mean sounds like complete ass when they run an external vented w-gin the first place?in place of a recirculating one...or when you run one with a dump tube on it? (idk if people run one open w-g with no pipe at all)
Dumping it to atmosphere with a tube or not, sounds like a crappy exhaust leak to me more than anything else. It is just my opinion though, some people like it, I just prefer to have one that dumps back into the downpipe.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Mine dumps to atmosphere, very loud! Like Snipe says sounds like a big exhaust leak when in boost. I'd like to see how well the muffler idea works.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've heard that running a Supertrapp style muffler causes too much backpressure and the wastegate will have trouble keeping the boost down. This is the reason I built one of my own, but I had creep issues also. I was trying to run something smaller than a full-sized glasspack. I'm gonna give mine shot just open with nothing on it first to see if that cures my creep issues and if so, probably fab a new setup using the 1-1/2" in and out glasspack running parallel to the crossover.

·
Registered
433 Posts
ours is vented to the atmosphere you can hear it open but but I don't really know how it sounds out side the car. no more then it is open I don't really worry about it.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
3,649 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
when you hear the wastegate open, you know its on :D Some people dont like it, i dig it

here's how i did mine, just made a dump tube for it pointing down to the ground

·
Registered
883 Posts
mine sounds like a stock car at 7k. i love it vented. i just pointed it toward the down pipe and put no extension on it.

people outside the car dont hear it. the 80mm turbo is all they hear.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts